PIVOTAL is building a new platform for a new era, setting the standard for Enterprise Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), enabling customers to build a new class of applications, leveraging big and fast data with the power of cloud independence.
Underpinning the Data Fabric is the Pivotal Greenplum Family, which manages, stores, and analyzes Terabytes of data. It is the industry-leading massively parallel processing database offering, regarded as the most scalable mission-critical analytical database. With enterprise-hardened Hadoop and advanced SQL query services, customers can now expand the productivity and possibilities of Hadoop with Pivotal HD.
The Pivotal Greenplum (GP) Data Computing Appliance (DCA) is a flexible analytics platform that supports structured and unstructured data. Unlike more rigid appliances, DCA users specify the capacity of their appliance by selecting from a set of four-server (1/4 rack) DCA modules, upgradable over the lifetime of the appliance.
Forte, in partnership with EMC, will deploy the self-contained data warehouse solution, integrating the database software, servers, and switches necessary for performing data analytics in a single system.
- Conduct a data center assessment to confirm proper environment for DCA installation
- Install a preconfigured & preloaded Greenplum DCA with the appropriate mix of modules: Greenplum Database, Hadoop, Data Integration Accelerator (for data loading)
- Initialize database and verify access to DCA for creation of data
- Connect the DCA to Data Domain for backup, if applicable
In the event that a DCA In-Rack Expansion is required, we will add one or more modules to an existing installed Greenplum DCA, adding them into the Greenplum Database (GPDB) system.
- Validate equipment, location, power, and cable requirements
- Install & configure one, two, or three modules in existing installed & configured GP DCA